On behalf of our Board, all our staff, and the Westmont community of residents, clients, family, and friends, a warm welcome to the Westmont Website.
Westmont Aged Care Services Limited is a community-based not-for-profit aged care organisation in Baranduda and Wodonga in Northeast Victoria.
Our primary organisational priority is to provide high-quality aged, home, and community care and retirement lifestyle services to people in our region, services we strive to deliver with respect, dignity, and choice.
At Westmont, we understand that meaningful community and social activity, involvement and interaction with others, and a healthy and pleasant environment are keys to a fulfilling and happy life. Our aging-in-place approach, using a precinct of aged care services, is designed to allow residents access to the services they need, reassurance of a community of support in place around them, and a beautiful parklike setting to feel at home and at peace. We offer Commonwealth subsidised Residential Aged Care and for those who have lost their independence, Home and Community Aged Care services for those still at home but needing a little help to stay independent, as well as Retirement Living in two village locations.
As a new member of the Westmont Executive, I am very proud to be associated with such a high-standard organisation and service.
Chief Executive Officer
Our Mission and Vision
- Provide quality residential care, community care and lifestyle options and services for our older members of our community
- Aim to be the first and preferred choice for our clientele
- Be seen as the leading ‘Not for Profit’ organisation by our community
- Be an employer of choice for staff qualified to work in our field
- Be proactive and responsive to the ever changing needs of our community and clients
Our commitment to quality ensures Westmont is continually setting and maintaining standards of excellence in providing in-home and residential services for the older people of our region.
‘Caring for All by All’
- Show respect by actively listening and taking the time to understand and value each person and their choices
- Behave in an ethical manner and be professional in every interaction we undertake thereby building trust
- Be transparent and accountable in all of our dealings with our residents, clients, staff and volunteers and our community (stakeholders)
- Nurture compassion and dignity with all our residents and clients
- Openly acknowledge the work of our staff and volunteers for their passion in what they do
- Recognise diversity in our community and ensure our organisation reflects and responds to that diversity