Westmont Aged Care Services Ltd has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HR individual to
join the People and Culture team. Your skills and background could be recruitment, training, health
and safety or generalist employee relations. Westmont is looking for a team player to help drive
change and engage in a positive workplace culture.
Reporting to the People and Culture Manager you will work in a small team but provide guidance
and assistance for all departments and 300 personnel. The role will assist in recruitment,
onboarding, daily issues, staff wellbeing and HR strategies to support staff working in Aged Care and
align with Westmont’s values.
An immediate start is available for this role. Either permanent part time or full time.
You can choose from an entirely onsite role or a hybrid work model split depending on
As part of this role, you will need to undergo the following:
- A police check
- Complete a fit for task assessment
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and have the flu vaccination annually
- Additional assessments may apply, to ensure you are a great fit with our existing team
- Documents will also be requested to ensure your right to work in Australia and confirm your qualifications.
If you are recently qualified, or have strong experience in people and culture, this role is varied and
busy. Your engagement will help drive workplace culture and a positive environment.
Your overall responsibilities will include:
- Provide support in all areas of IR/ER
- Facilitate recruitment and onboarding of new employees (including advertising, interviews and pre-employment checks)
- Assist managers with performance appraisal
- Coordinate the supervisor meetings for all departments
- Maintain records management systems, including employee files and documentation
- Support employees with EAP services
- EBA and Award interpretation and guidance
- Assist with review and implementation of all policies and procedures
One of the major components of this role will be to coordinate all training requirements for our
employees. You will also deliver and source third parties to deliver training to our employees.
Training responsibilities include:
- Mandatory Aged Care fields such as Manual Handling, Infection Control
- Training for building maintenance and gardeners including licenses and use of small
- Up skilling and diversifying
- Coordinate all non-clinical training for staff
- People and leadership – how to manage staff, difficult conversations, how to deal with grief.
Candidates need to possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or equivalent experience in
a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised and efficient. Ability to prioritise workloads
- Emotional intelligence with the ability to stay calm and exercise sound judgement
- Computer literate
- The confidence to engage and communicate with a range of people from all walks of life
To obtain a position description please contact Ms. George Taylor on 02 6043 9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org . To apply please complete the linked Application Form o
Westmont Aged Care Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Aboriginal People and people from racial, ethnic, or ethnoreligious minority groups and people with disabilities.