Grapevine Report from the Activities Team Welcome to the Month of October
October is fulfilled with Senior’s week celebration, Happy Halloween, and Armchair travel to Germany.
Germany! One of the most charming and varied countries in Europe with beautiful half-timbered towns, famous highways called theautobahn and well known for its cars, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, and others. Germany has been called the ‘Land of Poets and Thinkers’.
Germanys famous composers include Bach, Brahms, Schumann, Wagner, and Beethoven.
Special Events in October:
- Val playing the Piano: 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 October
- 2 October Music with the Murray Conservatorium – Wayne Davis
- Bingo, every Monday, and Friday at 1:30pm
- 3 October Seniors Celebration Concert – Jonny Cash (Cube Wodonga)
- 4 October Armchair Travel to Germany at 10.30
- 5 October VOTING
- 6 October Johann Sebastian Bach – Documentary at 1.30pm
- 9 October Gwyneth’s playing piano with books.
- Mystery Bus Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1.30pm
- 25 October Shopping Bus at 10.00am
- 11 and 25 October ADF CCW – (Aus. Defence Force Catholic Collage students visit)
- 12 October Sue’s shoeshine at 9.30am
- 11.00am Anglican Church
- Carpet Bowls, every Friday at 10.30am
- Nail Care every Tuesday at 9.00am
- 16 October Eric Ball Entertainment
- 17 October Cooked Breakfast
- 18 October Residents meeting – Consumer Advisory at 10.00am
- 19 October Peter and Rob entertainment 1.30pm
- 20 October Best of Beethoven – Documentary
- 24 October Men’s Lunch at 12.00pm
- 25 October Ladies Lunch at 12.00pm
- 26 October Uniting Church at 11.00am, 1.30pm DJ Bernie entertainment – Happy Hour
- 27 October David Attenborough – Documentary
- 28 October Flavours of the world – Germany at 1.30pm
- 30 October Documentary – Germany at 10.30am
- 31 October Octoberfest in Munich-Documentary at 1.45pm