There’s nothing we love more than getting festive and creative Christmas cards, but when it comes time to draft our own Christmas cards, figuring out what to write in a Christmas card can be hard, even for the people we love the most.
Just remember, you don’t have to write a novel! Whoever gets your holiday greeting will be so excited you thought of them, a simple message wishing them well will make them smile.
When working out the perfect Christmas card message, think about the person you’re writing to and try to personalise it, to let them know they’re getting something straight from you and not as part of an obligatory mass mailing list.
Would they appreciate some holiday-themed humour, or something a bit more heartfelt? Pick out a Christmas card and then decide which Christmas card message best fits, and you’re almost done!
Some Christmas Card quotes to consider if you’re running out of ideas:
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.”
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.”
- “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing, but of reflection.”
- “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.”
- “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.”
- “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.”
- “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.”