As a Commonwealth subsidised facility all permanent and respite residents must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) and hold a current assessment prior to entering our facility.
- You will need an Aged Care Assessment prior to entering residential aged care.
- If you contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 they will assist you with the process and advise you on what you will need to do.
- When entering into an aged care facility you will be required to complete a Combined Assets and Income Assessment form. Westmont is able to provide you with this form or you may obtain one from Centrelink on 1800 227 475. Please contact our Director of Finance and IT Services for more information.
- Discuss with the Westmont Director of Care and Clinical Services the possibility of a holiday (respite) in the facility to check if we can meet your requirements. You are entitled to 63 days of respite per financial year. This gives you the opportunity to trial several aged care facilities to help you decide which one you would like to live in permanently.
- Please call the Director of Care and Clinical Services at the Homestead if you would like to arrange a meeting.
Westmont offers of placement are on a needs basis. To determine the needs of prospective residents we consult with the ACAS, doctors and the hospitals. Prospective residents must also meet Westmont’s admission criteria.
It is important that you have visited, completed all the paper work and are fully prepared because a decision must be made very quickly (usually within 24 hours) when a room is offered to you, with the move into Residential Aged Care happening within seven days.