Westmont would not be able to provide valuable services to our clients without the assistance of our volunteers.
Come and join our team of volunteers and help make a positive impact in the life of an older person.
Social Connections Program
The Westmont Social Connections Program provides an opportunity for clients to reconnect with their community by attending centre-based group activities and outings.Do you enjoy cooking and preparing food? Social Connections Volunteers assist with preparing morning tea and lunch for the participants. Lunch is provided. Volunteers can help from one to five days a week.
Meals on Wheels
The Westmont Community Care aim is to assist the elderly and those with disabilities to remain living independently for as long as possible. Meals on Wheels volunteers collect meals from the Hospital and deliver them to people in the community seven days a week. A meal run takes approximately one to one and a half hours. When we asked our volunteers what they enjoyed the most about volunteering for Meals on Wheels some of their responses were:
- “Being appreciated and able to help those in need!”
- “Just knowing how much the delivery of meals means to those who receive them is satisfying!”
- “Knowing I am helping others!”
- “Meeting clients and having a chat!”
- Giving back to the community
- “Love the people we deliver to!”
- “Seeing how happy our clients are receiving a hot meal and having a short chat!”
Volunteers use their own car and must have a current driver’s licence. A $5.00 petrol voucher is provided to the volunteer for each meal run.
Westmont Friendly Visiting Program
This program is based around volunteers who visit with clients in their own home at a regular time each week for a chat, a cup of tea, reading the newspaper together, playing games or reminiscing about the past. Almost any activity can fit into the Friendly Visiting Program. The program is designed for clients who are over 65, live independently, have less social contact with friends and family they would like and feel isolated. Clients and volunteers are matched based on their interests, hobbies and availability.
What is required?
- Volunteers must complete and submit the Volunteers Application Form
- Westmont will assist and pay for volunteers to complete a Police Check application
- Our volunteers will also complete a Statutory Declaration and Confidentiality Agreement
- Volunteers must agree to have an Influenza vaccination annually
- Volunteers must provide evidence of their Covid-19 vaccinations
Training is provided at induction and ongoing support is provided by staff.
For further information please follow this link to Contact Us